SQL Server Internals: In-Memory OLTP | Pro SQL Server Always On Availability Groups | High Performance SQL Server: The Go Faster Book | Pro SQL Server Internals | Dynamic SQL | Securing SQL Server | SQL Server 2016 High Availability Unleashed | Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Integration Services | Tabular Modeling in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
Expert SQL Server In-Memory OLTP is a deep dive into one of the most significant features of SQL Server 2014 â support for In-Memory Online Transaction Processing. The book describes the architecture and internals of the In-Memory OLTP Engine and explains how to develop, deploy, and maintain systems using it. With it you can dramatically increase transactional throughput to handle thousands of transactions per second supporting millions of customers.
Dmitri Korotkevitch is the five-star author of Pro SQL Server Internals, and now brings his same combination of clear thinking and deep expertise to the question of how to recognize the opportunities and benefit from Microsoftâs In-Memory OLTP feature set in SQL Server 2014.
Learn the architecture and the internals in order to recognize when in-memory OLTP can make a difference. Learn useful scenarios for thoughtfully incorporating In-Memory support into existing applications. Recognize opportunities for In-Memory OLTP in new development. Donât be without Dmitri Korotkevitch and the deep expertise he imparts in Expert SQL Server In-Memory OLTP as you move forward in using SQL Serverâs new and important In-Memory OLTP feature set.
- Covers In-Memory OLTP internals and architecture, including data storage, indexing, multi-version concurrency control, transaction logging, and recovery
- Illustrates In-Memory OLTP programmability and the process of native compilation
- Guides in using In-Memory OLTP in new development and existing systems.
What youÂll learn
- Grasp the internal mechanisms underlying in-memory tables and their implementation
- Plan successful implementations, including the required memory size and I/O configuration
- Properly index in-memory tables, including with hash indexes and range indexes
- Accelerate T-SQL processing through the creation of natively-compiled stored procedures
- Control disk I/O by managing logging, checkpoint, and recovery of in-memory data
- Monitor and report on the benefits and performance of your in-memory solutions
Who this book is for
Expert SQL Server In-Memory OLTP is for application developers and database administrators who create and manage online transaction processing (OLTP) systems. In particular, the book is aimed at those wanting to take advantage of SQL Serverâs new offering of in-memory OLTP to dramatically improve performance and throughput of their systems.
Table of Contents
1. Why In-Memory OLTP?
2. In-Memory OLTP Objects
3. Memory-Optimized Tables
4. Hash Indexes
5. Nonclustered Indexes
6. In-Memory OLTP Prgrammability
7. In-Memory OLTP Concurrency Model
8. Data Storage, Logging, and Recovery
9. Garbage Collection
10. Deployment and Management
11. Utilizing In-Memory OLTP
12. Appendix A: Memory Pointer Management
13. Appendix B: Page Splitting and Merging in Nonclustered Indexes
14. Appendix C: Analyzing Checkpoint File Pair State
15. Appendix D: In-Memory OLTP Migration Tools
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.