Career Counseling | The Life Span | Counseling and Christianity | Interviewing Children and Adolescents | Adolescent Therapy That Really Works | Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders | Engaging the Soul of Youth Culture | Encyclopedia of Counseling
Counseling Adolescents Competently is a comprehensive text for students and professionals compiling foundational and emerging skills in the counseling field. Authors Lee A. Underwood, Ph.D. and Frances L.L. Dailey, Ph.D. review extensive interventions ranging from assessment to diagnosis as well as fresh perspectives on working with this often challenging group.ÃÂ Employing clinical case scenarios and profiles that demonstrate key issues, this book helps the counselor-in-training to understand the relevant theories and research around adolescents to better engage in culturally relevant interventions and treatment planning.ÃÂ
ÃÂ Key Features
- Unlike most literature related to behavioral health services for adolescents, this text is crafted specifically for the profession of counseling, yet is applicable for all behavioral health providers.
- Case scenarios address critical issues impacting todayÃ¢ÂÂs adolescents including their characteristics, technology issues, diagnoses and typologies, special needs, and interventions involving treatment planning.
- Themes that are commonly faced by teens, including trauma, grief, loss, emotional issues, sexual development, and peers are covered.
- A diverse range of adolescents from both urban and non-urban settings are examined.
- This book addresses a broad audience that includes students in behavioral health training, counseling, and school programs; the practicing provider; and administrative/clinical supervisors and educators.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.