Pattern cutting, or pattern making, is an essential yet complex skill for every fashion designer to master. Pattern Cutting: The Architecture of Fashion demystifies the pattern cutting process and clearly demonstrates pattern fundamentals, enabling you to construct in both 2D and 3D, and quickly get to grips with basic blocks, shape, sleeves, collars, trousers, pockets and finishes.
Pat Parish approaches the subject of pattern cutting through proportion, balance, line and form, identifying key shapes and structures from the catwalk and translating them into 3D through cutting, draping and construction processes. This popular and inspirational sourcebook has been updated to reflect new directions in construction design and techniques, and to include more advanced patterns, such as the Magyar sleeve and the jumpsuit.
With handy tips, shortcuts and tricks of the trade, the second edition of Pattern Cutting is a must-have studio resource for all budding fashion designers. It will provide you with the inspiration, tools and confidence to interpret and adapt basic patterns, and take your designs to the next level.
New to this edition
- Step-by-step instructions for more complex patterns, including the Magyar sleeve, rever collar and jumpsuit
- A chapter devoted to patterns for pockets and finishes
- Invaluable information about working with different fabrics, such as neoprene and spacer
- Expanded coverage of innovation in pattern cutting, including sustainable and geometric cutting techniques
- Refreshed pattern flats and colour images
- Case studies with designers who have used cutting techniques to create unique, contemporary designs
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.