Dive into the world of sharks with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that Greenland sharks can live for 400 years? Or that some sharks glow in the dark? Find out why!
Perfect for savvy shark fans who want a highly visual nature book to increase their shark know-how, DK findout! Sharks is sure to inspire the next generation of scientists, marine biologists, and conservationists. Inside, author Sarah Fowler breaks down what sharks are, where they live, and what makes them so cool.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Get up close and personal with all kinds of sharks, from bullhead and cow to carpet and hammerhead
- Learn how to identify different types of sharks by their habits and features
- Discover which sharks are the strongest, fastest, biggest, and smallest
- Read about ocean conservation and how people are helping to protect sharks in danger
- Hear from real-life shark photographer Rob Allen, who leads scuba-diving expeditions to remote parts of the world
- Fold out the cover for a shark quiz, family tree, and grouping guide
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about sharks—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
About: From the great white to the tiny dwarf lantern, Pocket Genius: Sharks profiles more than 150 sharks and rays and tells what they eat, where they live, and how fast they swim.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.