Comprehensive Criminal Procedure: 2018 Case Supplement (Supplements) | Corporations and Other Business Organizations, Statutes, Rules, Materials and Forms, 2018 (Selected Statutes) | 1: Understanding Criminal Procedure, Volume One: Investigation | Wills, Trusts, and Estates, Tenth Edition [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook) | Evidence | Learning Evidence | Ethical Problems in the Practice of Law
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Criminal Procedure: Investigation and Right to Counsel is for courses on criminal procedure law that focus on the issues pertaining to the investigation of criminal activities. ;It is a spin-off of Comprehensive Criminal Procedure, by the same team of authors, which covers both the investigatory and adjudicatory aspects of criminal procedure law. ;The casebook focuses primarily on constitutional criminal procedure law, but also covers relevant statutes and court rules.
New to the Third Edition:
- We have added a wonderful new co-author, Yale Professor Tracey Meares, whose special expertise in the law and policy of police investigations has enriched the casebook tremendously.
- The Introduction chapter has been updated with a number of new scholarly writings that provide an overview of important aspects of criminal procedure law.
- The Right to Counsel chapter incorporates the new wave of structural reform litigation over the often-crushing caseloads and frequently inadequate resources of public defender offices; the chapter has also been completely reorganized for clarity and ease of teaching.
- The chapter on Boyd v. United States has been revised in light of the recent apparent revival of at least some aspects of that decision, and its newfound relevance to contemporary criminal procedure law.
- The Fourth and Fifth Amendment chapters, together with the chapter on Complex Investigations, have been completely rewritten to reflect the latest legal, social, and empirical developments in such important areas as police discretion (including stop-and-frisk and police use of force) and data searches (including searches of cell phones and e-mails, GPS and other forms of location monitoring, government investigative use of digital records, and legal protections for computer passwords and encryption keys).
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
About: Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.