Torts and Compensation, Personal Accountability and Social Responsibility for Injury, Concise (American Casebook Series) | Federal Rules of Civil Procedure: With Selected Statutes, Cases, and Other Materials, 2018 (Supplements) | Civil Procedure | A Civil Action | Legal Drafting | The Bluebook | Problems in Contract Law
- brief and accessible reference on mechanics and style, a useful companion to any legal writing text
- focus on the rules of grammar, style, and usage, targeted at the needs of legal writers
- includes a section on Legal Documents
- offers tips and strategies to improve legal writing.
- sample letter, memorandum, trial brief, and appellate brief included
- numerous, helpful examples of both good and bad writing
- practical approach helps with common problems and dilemmas
- substitutions for "legalese"
- lists of commonly used legal idioms
- spelling help
- advice on organization and the legal writing process
- document design
- modeled on undergraduate handbooks
- small trim size
- two-color printing
- helpful design elements to highlight important information
- Websites for each topic addressed
- Tips and Strategies in each chapter to highlight key topics
- Challenge Exercises in each chapter to test mastery
- brief Table of Contents on the inside front cover and Style Sheet on the inside back cover for quick reference
- helpful appendices
- Citation Form (including both Bluebook and ALWDexamples)
- English as a Second Language
- Glossary of Terms
- Glossary of Usage
- CD-ROM with supplemental exercises
Thoroughly updated, the revised Third Edition presents:
- new examples throughout
- fresh Website references
- more supplemental exercises on a companion web site
About: <p> Concise and compact, the <b>Aspen Handbook for Legal Writers: A Practical Reference, Second Edition</b>, offers thorough coverage of proper legal writing technique and style to help students resolve questions and develop strong writing skills.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.