How we assess our youngest children is a vital part of early years practice. This book offers a clear explanation of the role of assessment in the revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), and step-by-step guidance for those working with children from Birth to Five on making and recording observations in practice.Â Key elements of the book include:
- using assessment to support learning and development
- misunderstandings and myths about assessment
- detailed guidance on the age two progress check
- developing an evidence-based understanding of assessment
- what constitutes effective assessment in early years settings
- case studies and practical examples to illustrate key points.
Online material on the Early Excellence website for use with the book includes:
- video material
- free access to selected SAGE journal articles
- an 'ask the author' facility.
Jan Dubiel is National Development Co-ordinator for Early Excellence; he has extensive experience as a practitioner and national adviser.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.