The Art of Misdiagnosis: Surviving My Mother's Suicide
Can you imagine swapping your body for a virtual version? This technology-based look at the afterlife chronicles America's fascination with death and reveals how digital immortality may become a reality.
• Reveals the period in American history that established cultural views about the afterlife
• Discusses how technology aids in achieving and designing perspectives on heaven and immortality
• Reviews technologies surrounding digital mortality, including Dmitry Itskov's 2045 Initiative and Martine Rothblatt's Terasem Foundation
• Illustrates how the Internet helps those who have lost loved ones to grieve and cope in new ways
• Links perceptions about death and the hereafter to typical American attitudes, including optimism, confidence, self-reliance, and innovation
• Examines the use of virtual memorials, online obituaries, Facebook pages of deceased users, and avatars
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.