Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market 2019: The Most Trusted Guide to Getting Published | How To Self-Publish A Children's Book: Everything You Need To Know To Write, Illustrate, Publish, And Market Your Paperback And Ebook (How To Write For Children Series) (Volume 1) | The Business of Writing for Children: An Award-Winning Author's Tips on Writing Children's Books and Publishing Them, or How to Write, Publish, and Promote a Book for Kids | How to Write a Children's Book: Advice on writing children's books from the Institute of Children?s Literature, where over 404,000 have learned how to write a b | The Magic Words | Illustrating Children's Books | Writing Picture Books
Fully updated and thoroughly revised, Writing Picture Books Revised and Expanded Edition is the go-to resource for writers crafting stories for children ages two to eight. You'll learn the unique set of skills it takes to bring your story to life by using tightly focused text and leaving room for the illustrator to be creative.
Award-winning author Ann Whitford Paul helps you develop the skills you need by walking you through techniques and exercises specifically for picture book writers. You'll find:
- Instruction on generating ideas, creating characters, point-of-view, beginnings and endings, plotting, word count, rhyme, and more
- Unique methods for using poetic techniques to enrich your writing
- Hands-on revision exercises (get out your scissors, tape, and highlighters) to help identify problems and improve your picture book manuscripts
- Updated tips for researching the changing picture book market, approaching publishers, working with an agent, and developing a platform
- All new quizzes and examples from picture books throughout
- New chapters cover issues such as page turns, agents, and self-publishing
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.