Both are core topics underlying the discipline of psychology and the other social, physical, and medical sciences. Moreover, a basic understanding of the language of statistics and research methods is required for any serious student, scientist, and practitioner in these fields.
The APA Dictionary of Statistics and Research Methods is a focused reference resource that explores the lexicon of these two profoundly interrelated areas. It provides
- Over 4,000 entries offering clear and authoritative definitions;
- Balanced coverage in such core areas as research planning and design, psychometrics, quantitative and qualitative measurements, and data analysis;
- Hundreds of incisive cross-references that deepen the user's understanding of related topics;
- More than 100 illustrations of some of the common and uncommon data display methods;
- A Quick Guide to Use that explains stylistic and formal features at a glance; and
- Appendixes listing common abbreviations and statistical symbols
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.