Now in its second edition, the Handbook of Lipid Bilayers is a groundbreaking work that remains the fieldâs definitive text and only comprehensive source for primary physicochemical data relating to phospholipid bilayers. Along with basic thermodynamic data, coverage includes both dynamic and structural properties of phospholipid bilayers. It is an indispensable reference for users of bilayer model membranes and liposome delivery systems and for those interested in the biophysics of membrane structure.
Each chapter in the second edition contains considerable amounts of explanation and elaboration, including, in many cases, extensive analysis of structural connections between the data.
New in the Second Edition:
- Chapters on crystal structures of phospholipids include new structures and more comprehensive data on bond lengths, bond angles, and torsion anglesâand all coordinates are Cartesian
- Wide-angle data is indexed whenever possible to characterize chain-packing modes in gel and crystalline lamellar phases
- Low-angle data are analyzed in terms of the lipid and water thicknesses
- Headgroup separations in electron density profiles for phospholipids are included, and a separate section is devoted to the in-depth analysis of electron density profiles that provides the most detailed structural information on fluid lamellar phases
- Phase diagrams of phospholipid mixtures are vastly expanded and have been redrawn in standardized format to aid intercomparison. Cholesterol, including ternary systems, is now featured.
- New sections on titration calorimetry, and much extended data on the temperature dependence of transfer rates
- The greatly expanded chapter on bilayerâbilayer interactions features new and detailed information on the components of interbilayer pressures
About: Now in its second edition, the Handbook of Lipid Bilayers is a groundbreaking work that remains the field’s definitive text and only comprehensive source for primary physicochemical data relating to phospholipid bilayers.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.