Amazon.com description: Product Description
: Strengthen your medical vocabulary with Medical Terminology Online. This interactive online course connects you to a wide range of engaging multimedia exercises, animations, and hands-on activities designed to help you get more out of Leonardâs Building a Medical Vocabulary, 7th Edition and apply what youâve learned. MTO enables you to complete lessons, participate in review activities, and test your knowledge through quizzes and exams â making it the perfect tool for independent study, or a practical supplement for in-class learning!
- Interactive exercises strengthen your word-building, identification, spelling, and pronunciation skills.
- More than 900 anatomical and disease and disorder illustrations clarify concepts and reinforce your understanding.
- Over 25 animations accompanied by audio narrations demonstrate physiologic processes.
- Icons identify Fast Facts, Learning Links, and Discussion Topics for quick, easy reference.
- Bolded and linked terms throughout modules connect you instantly to definitions and audio pronunciations for more efficient learning.
- An extensive glossary of more than 5,000 terms, accessible anywhere in the program, makes it easy to reference terms in alphabetical order.
- Online exams test your knowledge and help you determine areas for further study.
- Outcome-based modules guide you toward learning objectives and help you assess your progress.
- A redesigned interface makes it easier to find what you need and make the most of your review and study time.
- Updated terms and abbreviations reflect the latest advances in technology and changes in the health care delivery system.
- Medical record activities familiarize you with terms as they are used in actual patient records.
- Spanish translations of each glossary term help you better communicate with Spanish-speaking patients and health care providers.
- Catch That? activities encourage immediate retention and test your knowledge.
- Mini-activities placed throughout lessons allow you to test yourself after completing small segments to ensure better understanding as you progress.