A secret weapon for engaging adolescents
Could you use a superhero to teach reading, writing, critical thinking, and problem-solving? While seeking the answer, secondary language arts teacher Maureen Bakis discovered a powerful pedagogy that teaches those skills and more. The amazingly successful results prompted her to write this practical guide that shows how to use graphic novels to:
- Teach 21st-century skills, including interpretation of content and form
- Promote authentic literacy learning
- Grow learners’ competency in writing and visual comprehension
- Motivate students to create in multiple formats, including images
- Engage struggling as well as proficient students in reading
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.