- Draws on the words of eye-witnesses and participants, as well as depictions of the games in mosaics and other works of art.
- Offers snapshots of “a day at the games” and “the life of a gladiator”.
- Includes numerous illustrations.
- Covers chariot-races, water pageants, naval battles and wild animal fights, as well as gladiatorial combat.
- Combines political, social, religious and archaeological perspectives.
- Facilitates an in-depth understanding of this important feature of ancient life.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.