The second edition of this successful text features thoroughly updated material on HIV treatment, emerging diseases, West Nile virus, smallpox, bioterrorism and SARS. More than a simple update, the new edition also features a new viral genome section with strategies for including microarrays and DNA chips.
Outstanding features of the second edition of Basic Virology include:
- New dedicated website – original animations and online resources provide students and instructors with an enhanced understanding of the field – www.blackwellpublishing.com/wagner
- Chapter outlines – provide a quick means for the student and instructor to skim the material presented in the chapter in order to prepare for lectures or exams more effectively
- Revised and enhanced Review Questions – follow the end of each chapter to help reinforce the material for students
- Cumulative End of Section Problems – integrate the various concepts covered in the section and challenge the student to synthesize the material they have just learned
- The Resource Center – provides general sources of supplementary information, further readings in molecular biology, virology, and basic techniques at the end of the text
- Expanded coverage of genomics methods – includes the latest techniques such as atomic force microscopy.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.