Thriving as an Empath: 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People | HEAL BREAST CANCER NATURALLY: 7 ESSENTIAL STEPS TO BEATING BREAST CANCER | The Wisdom of Anxiety: How Worry and Intrusive Thoughts Are Gifts to Help You Heal | Everything Is Figureoutable | Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams | Medical Medium Celery Juice: The Most Powerful Medicine of Our Time Healing Millions Worldwide | A Time For Rain | A Mind of Your Own | A Mind of Your Own
For years, we've been telling ourselves that our difficult feelings-sadness, rage, shame, intensity, worry-are somehow "not okay." And, all too often, we've relied on the promise of pharmaceuticals to tamp them down. The fact is, though, that these feelings are a vital part of our experience. They are real. And those of us who feel them most strongly are the canaries in the coalmine-sensitive to things that are seriously wrong in the world today.
In a book that's both provocative and promising, holistic psychiatrist Kelly Brogan, M.D., author of A Mind of Your Own, shows us that we don't have to medicate our mental, emotional, and physical pain away-that the best way out is through. She explodes the mistaken belief that our symptoms-from mood changes to irritability to fogginess and fatigue-are evidence that we are sick or broken. Then she charts a new path to get real, get well, and get free. The journey includes:
* Coming to a new appreciation of the meaning behind symptoms, and whether you are a canary in the coal mine
* Learning the 2 major risks of medication that most doctors are not trained to disclose
* Exploring the 5 reversible physical drivers of so-called mental illness
* Starting the process of radical physical healing with inclusive details of Dr. Brogan's history-making 30-day protocol
* Taking an emotional inventory of energy drains and toxic relationships
* Taking a deeper dive into the spiritual awakening and expansion that comes when you reclaim your real self from conventional medicine
* Identifying the most likely places you have given your power away
* Understanding what the science has to say about psychedelics as a tool for awakening
* Navigating health challenges with curiosity and the proper tools
* Guidance, support, and many Travel Tips shared from the trenches!
Our experiences, Dr. Brogan argues, aren't problems or pathologies; they reflect what we need to accept, acknowledge, and transform in order to truly become who we are. Own Your Self is a journey of healing, and also something more: a journey of coming home to ourselves.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.