Cultural History of Gardens presents an authoritative survey from ancient times to the present. This set of six volumes covers over 2500 years of gardens as physical, social and artistic spaces.
1. A Cultural History of Gardens in Antiquity
2. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Medieval Age
3. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Renaissance
4. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Age of Enlightenment
5. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Age of Empire
6. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Modern Age
Each volume discusses the same themes in its chapters:
2. Types of Gardens
4. Use and Reception
6. Verbal Representations
7. Visual Representations
8. Gardens and the Larger Landscape
This structure means readers can either have a broad overview of a period by reading a volume or follow a theme through history by reading the relevant chapter in each volume.
Superbly illustrated, the full six volume set combines to present the most authoritative and comprehensive survey available on gardens through history.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.