Jump quickly to results on these stores:
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, 2016
Includes 6 online-only chapters at no additional cost!
The #1 annual internal medicine guide that clinicians turn to first―extensively revised and updated
In the primary care setting, only one text delivers the ideal balance of clinical practice and research evidence to optimize patient care CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. Written by top clinicians, this trusted resource spans the fields of internal medicine, reviewing symptoms, signs, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. Turn to any page, and you'll find concise, evidence-based answers to key questions concerning both in-hospital and ambulatory patient problems. In addition, sections feature a streamlined format that puts the latest diagnostic protocols, prevention strategies, and treatment options right at your fingertips
Why CMDT is the ultimate clinical companion
- Detailed overview of other primary care topics, from gynecology, orthopedics and dermatology to ophthalmology, psychiatry, and neurology
- Only text with annual update on HIV and AIDS
- Specific disease prevention information
- Many decision-speeding diagnostic and treatment algorithms and tables
- Easy access to medication dosages, with trade names indexed and costs updated in each edition
- Current references, with unique identifiers (PubMed, PMID numbers) for rapid downloading of article abstracts and full articles
- CMDT Online (www.AccessMedicine.com) provides access to CMDT 2016 plus expanded pathophysiology information and six additional chapters
New to This Edition of CMDT
- New sections on heart failure with preserved ejection fraction; drug-induced lupus; and treatment of hepatitis C virus infection
- Expanded section on treatment for chronic noncancer pain, and rewritten sections on allergic diseases, renal amyloidosis, and staphylococcal bacteremia
- Updated treatment recommendations for diabetes mellitus; for weight loss in obesity; and for chronic lymphocytic leukemia and hairy cell leukemia
- New tables outlining the 2014 AHA/ACC Guidelines for defining severe aortic stenosis and when to operate in chronic severe aortic regurgitation
- Revised recommendations for managing anticoagulation and for dual antiplatelet therapy, plus a new treatment algorithm for pulmonary hypertension
- The latest pharmacologic approaches, including new biologics and anti-integrins for Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis; new medications for metastatic prostate cancer; and a new discussion on the role of antidepressants in managing generalized anxiety disorder
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Study Guide, 2nd Edition
The ultimate case-based study guide based on the most popular annual resource in internal medicine―now updated
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Study Guide facilitates your analysis of test cases and enhances your recall of internal medicine topics, making it invaluable preparation for any internal medicine examination. Organized according the Core Curriculum of the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine, this study-enhancing resource covers over 30 core topics that encompass essentials, conditions, presentations, treatment approaches, and diseases seen by general practitioners in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
The study guide utilizes content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and Lange Pathophysiology to provide a case-based application that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts. The second edition of CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Study Guide is extensively updated and examines the most fundamental issues you need to know to succeed on the clerkship shelf exam in Internal Medicine. The study guide includes an expanded format for a more formal and in-depth review and is perfect for instructors utilizing the main CMDT text.
- Features case-based coverage of 80 must-know diseases and disorders, from skin and hematologic disorders to infectious disorders
- For each topic, the study guide includes learning objectives; an expanded list of questions to prompt case analysis; a more detailed emphasis on signs and symptoms, lab findings, imaging studies, and medications; additional discussions on therapeutic procedures and outcomes; and full references
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Flashcards, 2nd Edition
All the content of the most popular annual resource in internal medicine―in a skill-building flashcard format
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Flashcards contains 250 flashcards drawn from the pages of the core CMDT text that facilitate your analysis of test cases and enhances your recall of internal medicine topics. Included in this handy, quick-reference sourcebook are all topics within the Internal Medicine Clerkship Curriculum, as well as additional material pertaining to CMDT coverage. Organized according the Core Curriculum of the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine, the flashcards cover over 30 core topics that encompass fundamental concepts, common conditions, presentations, treatment approaches, and diseases seen by general practitioners in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
The flashcards utilize content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and Lange Pathophysiology to provide a case-based application that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts. The second edition of CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Flashcards features updated, refreshed content throughout, making it the most indispensable―and current―clerkship prep tool available. Now more than ever, it’s required reading for every medical and nursing student, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, house officer, and practicing physician.
- Extensive content updating to the flashcards
- Cross-referenced to the CMDT book in the flashcard references to point you to relevant content in the most recent edition of the book
- Questions cover salient features; how to think through the problem; essentials of diagnosis; symptoms and signs; differential diagnosis; laboratory, imaging, and procedural findings; treatment modalities; and more
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.