Project Based Learning (PBL) Starter Kit | Setting the Standard for Project Based Learning: A Proven Approach to Rigorous Classroom Instruction | Hacking Project Based Learning: 10 Easy Steps to PBL and Inquiry in the Classroom (Hack Learning Series) (Volume 9) | Implementing Project-Based Learning | History Class Revisited | Project Based Learning | DIY Project Based Learning for Math and Science | Transforming Schools Using Project-Based Learning, Performance Assessment, and Common Core Standards | Project-Based Learning Tasks for Common Core State Standards, Grades 6-8
Are you interested in using Project Based Learning to revamp your lessons, but arenât sure how to get started? In DIY Project Based Learning in ELA and History, award-winning teacher and Edutopia blogger Heather Wolpert-Gawron makes it fun and easy! Project Based Learning encourages students and teachers alike to abandon their dusty textbooks, and instead embrace a form of curriculum design focused on student engagement, innovation, and creative problem-solving. A leading name in this field, Heather Wolpert-Gawron shares some of her most popular units for ELA and Social Studies in this exciting new collection. This book is an essential resource for teachers looking to:
- Create their own Project Based Learning units.
- Engage student in their education by grounding lessons in real-world problems and encouraging them to develop creative solutions.
- Incorporate role-playing into everyday learning.
- Develop real-world lessons to get students to understand the life-long relevance of what they are learning.
- Assess multiple skills and subject areas in an integrated way.
- Collaborate with teachers across subject areas.
- Test authentic skills and set authentic goals for their students to grow as individuals.
Part I of the book features six full units, complete with student samples, targeted rubrics, a checklist to keep students on track, and even "Homework Hints." Part II is a mix-and-match section of tools you can use to create your own PBL-aligned lessons. The tools are available as eResources on our website, http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138891623, so you can print and use them in your classroom immediately.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.