The Writing Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Writers | The Reading Strategies Book | Teaching Argument Writing, Grades 6-12 | Fun-Size Academic Writing for Serious Learning | The Informational Writing Toolkit | The Common Core Grammar Toolkit | 25 Complex Text Passages to Meet the Common Core, Grade 7-8 | The Common Core Grammar Toolkit | Using Benchmark Papers to Teach Writing With the Traits
In order for students to write effective narratives, they need to read good narratives. In this practical book, youâll find out how to use mentor texts to make narrative writing instruction more meaningful, authentic, and successful. Author Sean Ruday demonstrates how you can teach elementary and middle school students to analyze the qualities of effective narratives and then help them think of those qualities as tools to improve their own writing. Youâll learn how to:
- Introduce your students to the key features of a successful narrative, such as engaging the reader, organizing an event sequence, and crafting a strong conclusion.
- Assess studentsâ writing by evaluating the specific attributes of an effective narrative.
- Make narrative writing an interactive, student-driven exercise in which students pursue their own writing projects.
- Use mentor texts to help students learn the core concepts of narrative writing and apply those skills across the curriculum.
- Encourage students to incorporate technology and multimedia as they craft their narratives.
The book is filled with examples and templates you can bring back to the classroom immediately, as well as an annotated bibliography with mentor text suggestions and links to the Common Core. Youâll also find a study guide that will help you use this book for professional development with colleagues.
Bonus: Blank templates of the handouts are available as printable eResources on our website (http://www.routledge.com/9781138924390).
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.