Lighting for Animation is designed with one goal in mind - to make you a better artist. Over the course of the book, Jasmine Katatikarn and Michael Tanzillo (Senior Lighting TDs, Blue Sky Studios) will train your eye to analyze your work more critically, and teach you approaches and techniques to improve your craft. Focusing on the main philosophies and core concepts utilized by industry professionals, this book builds the foundation for a successful career as a lighting artist in visual effects and computer animation. Inside you’ll find in-depth instruction on:
• Creating mood and storytelling through lighting
• Using light to create visual shaping
• Directing the viewer’s eye with light and color
• Gathering and utilizing reference images
• Successfully lighting and rendering workflows
• Render layers and how they can be used most effectively
• Specific lighting scenarios, including character lighting, environment lighting, and lighting an animated sequence
• Material properties and their work with lighting
• Compositing techniques essential for a lighter
• A guide on how to start your career and achieve success as a lighting artist
This book is not designed to teach software packages―there are websites, instructional manuals, online demos, and traditional courses available to teach you how to operate specific computer programs. That type of training will teach you how to create an image; this book will teach you the technical skills you need to make that image beautiful.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.