Social Justice, Multicultural Counseling, and Practice | Culturally Alert Counseling | Developing Multicultural Counseling Competence | Community Psychology | Race Talk and the Conspiracy of Silence | Counseling the Culturally Diverse | Counseling for Seemingly Impossible Problems
"Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy isa magnificent resource that will help create a greater bridge ofunderstanding between the academic, research, and applied domainsof the mental health professions."
—From the Foreword by Thomas A. Parham, PhD, Vice Chancellor,Student Affairs, University of California, Irvine; DistinguishedPsychologist, Association of Black Psychologists
An indispensable collection of real-life clinical cases frompracticing experts in the field of multicultural counseling andpsychotherapy
Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy is aone-of-a-kind resource presenting actual cases illustratingassessment, diagnostic, and treatment concerns associated withspecific populations. The contributors—well-known mentalhealth professionals who specialize in multicultural counseling andpsychotherapy—draw on their personal experiences to empowertherapists in developing an individually tailored treatment planthat effectively addresses presenting problems in a culturallyresponsive manner.
Providing readers with the opportunity to think critically aboutmulticultural factors and how they impact assessment, diagnosis,and treatment, this unique book:
- Covers ethical issues and evidence-based practice
- Integrates therapists' reflections on their own social identityand how this may have influenced their work with their clients
- Considers the intersectionality of racial/ethnic, class,religious, gender, and sexual identities
- Contains reflection and discussion questions, an analysis ofeach case by the author, and recommended resources
- Includes cases on racial/ethnic minority populations, gender,sexuality, poverty, older adults, immigrants, refugees, and whitetherapists working with people of color
- Aligns with the ACA's CACREP accreditation standards, tha APAguidelines for multicultural competence, and the AMCD MulticulturalCounseling Competencies
About: "Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy isa magnificent resource that will help create a greater bridge ofunderstanding between the academic, research, and applied domainsof the mental health professions.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.