Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches | Mastering Windows Server 2012 | Active Directory Cookbook | Active Directory | Learn Active Directory Management in a Month of Lunches | Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration Instant Reference | Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed
The Ultimate Book on Group Policy
Freshly updated to include Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, Group Policy: Fundamentals, Security, and the Managed Desktop, Second Edition is the book for learning everything you need to know about Group Policy, no matter which version of Windows you use. Microsoft Group Policy MVP Jeremy Moskowitz covers it allâmajor Group Policy categories, what Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 bring to the table, and smart ways to tackle tough desktop management problems. Topics include troubleshooting, security, scripting, using Windows PowerShell when necessary, and much more.
Inside this book, you'll learn to:
- Master all Group Policy functions of Windows, including Windows XP through Windows 8 and Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012
- Enhance your Group Policy reach with the Group Policy Preferences, ADMX files, and additional add-ons
- Use every feature of the GPMC and become a top-notch administrator
- Troubleshoot Group Policy using tools, logs, Resource Kit utilities, Registry hacks, and third-party tools
- Manage printers, restrict hardware, and configure Internet Explorer
- Deploy software to your desktops, set up roaming profiles, and configure Offline Files for all your Windows clientsâand manage it all with Group Policy settings
- Secure your desktops and servers with AppLocker, Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, and the Security Configuration Manager
Download bonus chapters and:
- Script complex GPMC operations with PowerShell, including linking, backup, restore, permissions changes, and more
- Create a "change management" system with Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM v4)
- Understand Windows Intune service and its relationship to Group Policy
New Windows 8 GPMC Features
Group Policy Preferences
The Central Store
Fine-Grained Password Policy
Offline Files Updates
Loopback Policy Processing
Security Policy Processing
Advanced Logging and Troubleshooting
Advanced Auditing Controls
Group Policy and VDI
Security Configuration Manager
About: Get up to speed on the latest Group Policy tools, features, and best practices Group Policy, Fundamentals, Security, and the Managed Desktop, 3rd Edition helps you streamline Windows and Windows Server management using the latest Group Policy tools and techniques.
About: The Ultimate Book on Group Policy Freshly updated to include Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, Group Policy: Fundamentals, Security, and the Managed Desktop, Second Edition is the book for learning everything you need to know about Group Policy, no matter which version of Windows you use.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.