The First Amendment on Campus: A Handbook for College and University Administrators | Assessment in Student Affairs | Student Development in College | Budgets and Financial Management in Higher Education | American Higher Education in the Twenty-First Century | The Handbook of Student Affairs Administration | Ethical Problems in Higher Education | Organizational Theory in Higher Education | The Rights and Responsibilities of the Modern University
Based on the fifth edition of Kaplin and Leeâs indispensable guide to the law that bears on the conduct of higher education, The Law of Higher Education, Fifth Edition: Student Version provides an up-to-date textbook, reference, and guide for coursework in higher education law and programs preparing higher education administrators for leadership roles.
The Student Version includes the materials from the full fifth edition that most relate to student interests and are most suitable for classroom instruction.
- The evolution of higher education law and governance
- Legal planning and dispute resolution
- The relationship between law and policy
- Faculty and staff employment issues, including collective bargaining
- Academic freedom for faculty and students
- Copyright basics
- The contract rights of students
- Legal issues in online education
- The rights of students and faculty with disabilities
- Campus issues: safety, registered sex offenders, racial and sexual harassment, student suicide, campus computer networks, searches of studentsâ residence hall rooms
- Hate speech and freedom of speech, including the rights of faculty and students in public universities
- Student organizationsâ rights, responsibilities, and activities fees
- Governmental support for religious institutions and religious autonomy rights of individuals in public institutions
- Nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employment, admissions, and financial aid
- Athletics and Title IX
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
Each chapter is introduced with an overview of key terms and ideas the students will encounter. In addition, the book includes a general introduction to the study of higher education law, a glossary of key legal terms, and appendices for non-law students on the American court system and on how to read court opinions.
The authors have also prepared a volume of teaching materials keyed to the Student Version, available from the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA). In addition, the authors will periodically update the Student Version by posting recent developments on a Web site hosted by NACUA.
About: Based on the fifth edition of Kaplin and Leeâs indispensable guide to the law that bears on the conduct of higher education, The Law of Higher Education, Fifth Edition: Student Version provides an up-to-date textbook, reference, and guide for coursework in higher education law and programs preparing higher education administrators for leadership roles.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.