Fitness Cross-Country Skiing is the perfect training tool for the more than five million people in the United States and Canada who have discovered the benefits of this healthy, low-impact form of exercise. The book's 58 color-coded workouts challenge skiers according to their fitness and skiing ability, and three sample training programs show how to put it all together for high-level conditioning, cross-training, or racing.
Ski expert Steve Gaskill guides readers through the best skiing workouts, drawing on over 25 years of ski coaching experience, including 10 with the U.S. Ski Team.
Highlights of the book include:
- Tips on choosing the right equipment
- Fifty-eight great workouts spanning six color-coded training zones, from low to high intensity
- Forty-three indoor and summer workouts for year-round fitness
- Cross-training advice for running, cycling, hiking, and in-line skating
- Three levels of training programs for high-level conditioning or racing
- Guidelines for setting up a personalized training program
About: Discusses conditioning, equipment, and techniques of cross-country skiing for fitness, suggests a series of workouts at various levels of intensity, and provides advice on cross training and setting up training programs
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.