* pre-reading materials for each passage of Latin, designed to help the student understand the underlying cultural and literary concepts in the Latin passage
* short explanations related to the grammatical and syntactical usages that will be found in the passage, accompanied by exercises
* the first version of the Latin text with gapped words in parentheses and difficult noun-adjective pairings highlighted by the use of a different font
* complete vocabulary and grammatical notes on the page facing the Latin passage. Any vocabulary word found in the passage but not in the notes is found in the pull-out vocabulary at the back of the book
* the second version of the Latin text in its unchanged form
* literary notes on the page facing the unchanged Latin text
* post-reading materials for each passage designed to help the student understand Vergil's style of writing and to allow the student to reflect upon what has been read
* the last four Latin passages do not contain any of the transitional aides such as gapped words or the use of fonts. Notes on grammar, vocabulary, and literary analysis continue to be on the page facing the passage
This series of transitional readers is the first to use proven reading techniques to aid students in making the transition from a basal textbook to an authentic Latin author. The Catullus Transitional Reader is the second book of the series to be published and is specifically designed to help students learn to read Catullus before they are enrolled in an AP Latin Poetry course.
Vergil: A Legamus Transitional Reader - ISBN 0865165785
Writing Passion: A Catullus Reader - 0865164835
For over 30 years Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers has produced the highest quality Latin and ancient Greek books. From Dr. Seuss books in Latin to Plato's Apology, Bolchazy-Carducci's titles help readers learn about ancient Rome and Greece; the Latin and ancient Greek languages are alive and well with titles like Cicero's De Amicitia and Kaegi's Greek Grammar. We also feature a line of contemporary eastern European and WWII books.
Some of the areas we publish in include:
Selections From The Aeneid
Latin Grammar & Pronunciation
Greek Grammar & Pronunciation
Texts Supporting Wheelock's Latin
Classical author workbooks: Vergil, Ovid, Horace, Catullus, Cicero
Vocabulary Cards For AP Selections: Vergil, Ovid, Catullus, Horace
Slovak Culture And History
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.