Jump quickly to results on these stores:
Supercharged Storytimes | Checklist of Library Building Design Considerations | Club Programs for Teens | STEP into Storytime | The Maker Cookbook
- Use current research to explain the importance of play in regard to early literacy and learning
- Show how underutilized spaces of any size can be transformed into play spaces, with planning secrets for small, mid-size, and large play environments
- Offer tips for reinventing reading nooks as playscapes that encourage fun and play
- Present models of successful early learning spaces from across the country, with illustrations and floor plans
- Suggest ways to motivate adults to help young children develop a sense of discovery, energizing adults and children alike to pursue the lifelong enjoyment of learning
- Include sample guidelines, surveys, and plans to help you adapt your play spaces to the needs of your community
- Present a vendor list, tips for cleaning toys, worksheets, and other tools for pulling it all together, from engaging library staff and community partners to hiring architects and contractors
With the help of this book, you can transform neglected spaces into joyful places that help parents inspire their children to learn.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.