Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services, Third Edition: A Social Justice Analysis | The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials | Project Planning and Management | Middle Range Theories | Philosophy of Science for Nursing Practice | Burns & Grove's the Practice of Nursing Research | Transformational Leadership in Nursing
This core text for the DNP curriculum explores the historical and evolving advanced practice doctoral role as envisioned by leading DNP scholars and educators. The distinctive point-counterpoint format--consisting of commentaries that dispute or support the opinions of chapter authors--provides a foundation of varying opinions that stimulate vigorous critical dialogue. The second edition examines the latest developments in doctoral-level roles along with the specific skills that advance these roles. Seven completely new chapters examine the meaning of nursing roles that reflect how they are evolving in a variety of environments.
In addition to exploring in depth the basic roles of the DNP graduate, this new edition strengthens the primary DNP role--that of a clinical scholar. Highlighting the diverse range of views on the DNP mission, the book reflects on DNP competencies and focuses heavily on the variety of skills that are required to operationalize these competencies, including leadership, negotiation skills, leveraging technology to support practice, and others. New critical thinking exercises are included that are designed to expand the boundaries of ordinary classroom discourse.
New to the Second Edition:
- New chapters include:
- A Report on a National Study of Doctoral Nursing Faculty
- When the DNP Chair Is a DNP Graduate
- A Critique of the 2006 Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice
- New or enhanced Reflective Responses from leading scholars
- New or revised critical thinking exercises to foster vibrant discourse
- Emphasizes DNP role development with extensive contributions by leading DNP scholars
- Translates American Association of Colleges of Nursing core competency skills into real-life applications of the DNP practice role
- Provides a point–counterpoint format to stimulate vigorous class discussion and analysis
- Accompanied by faculty PowerPoint presentations
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.