Spotlight on Young Children: Supporting Dual Language Learners (Spotlight on Young Children series) | Week by Week | Infant and Toddler Development and Responsive Program Planning | Poverty | Managers of Virtue | The Flat World and Education | Punishing the Poor | Many Children Left Behind | Advocates in Action
Among the provocative issues the book addresses are:
* Child care as a private or public responsibility
* The segregated history of child care
* Poor children and the child care nightmare
* Working-poor mothers and their deficit of choices
* "Woman-friendly" policies in international context
* Recommendations for universal child care
* Child Care as a human right
About: Lack of access to affordable high quality child care is frequently the tipping point that catapults a family into poverty, joblessness, and homelessness-a constant threat to the well-being of women and children.
About: Lack of access to affordable high-quality child care is frequently the tipping point that catapults a family into poverty, joblessness, and homelessness -- a constant threat to the well-being of women and children.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.