Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon is an illustrated biography of this fascinating martial artist and movie star, from the start of his career to his untimely and tragic death in 1973. This book reveals a quiet family man behind the charismatic public persona. It shows the real Bruce Leeâthe man who was so much more than an international film and martial arts celebrity.
This brilliant photo essayâcompiled and edited by Bruce Lee expert John Little with the assistance of Lee's widow, Linda Lee Cadwellâreveals never-before-published family photos, including rare photos of Bruce's childhood in Hong Kong. Tender moments with his children are caught on camera and action shots from his martial arts films are shown.
With a preface by his daughter Shannon Lee and a foreword by wife Linda, the text is drawn directly from Bruce Lee's own diaries and journals. Based on the award-winning Warner Bros. documentary, Bruce Lee: In His Own Words, sections include:
- Chronology of the Life of Bruce Lee
- Early Yearsâwhy he began studying gung fu (kung fu) and took up wing chun, his first starring role, and his return to the US
- Hollywoodâwhy he got the part in The Green Hornet, teaching Steve McQueen, James Coburn and Stirling Silliphant, filming Enter the Dragon, The Way of the Dragon, Fist of Fury and more, training and acting with Chuck Norris, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dean Martin and Sharon Tate, and the creation of Jeet Kune Do (JKD)
- Familyâmeeting Linda, having children and daily life
- Bruce Lee: Striking Thoughts
- Bruce Lee: The Tao of Gung Fu
- Bruce Lee: Artist of Life
- Bruce Lee: Letters of the Dragon
- Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body
- Bruce Lee: Jeet Kune Do
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.