This martial arts manual describes his research into the how and why of Jeet Kune Do techniques. Bruce Lee wrote of "three stages of cultivation" that lie along the path to JKD mastery:
- The Stage of Innocence—this is the level of the absolute beginner.
- The Stage of Art—the student is immersed in the process of technical and physical training.
- The Stage of Artlessness—the stage of "highest art" in which the body is no longer hindered by the mind. As Bruce Lee would say, "It hits all by itself."
You'll also learn about
- Bruce Lee's revolutionary approach to combat that takes advantage of human biomechanics;
- How to evade attacks, and use those evasive movements to launch counter-attacks;
- Natural ways to chain your moves into seamless combinations;
- The importance of developing mental and physical speed, footwork, cadence, good timing and judgment of distance;
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.