Jump quickly to results on these stores:
The articles presented here cover a wide range of age groups, populations, and settings and include examples on the use of activity and discussion in groups: a poetry club for children, the meaning of camp for preadolescents, a boxing group for adolescents who live in the inner city, self-defense classes for adults, and caregiver support for the elderly. The book also steps into the classroom to promote the teaching of social group work and the education of advanced group work practitioners and to encourage practitioners to write about their group work practice. Finally, the book presents and illustrates a number of concepts that are unique to group work and that encourage front-line practitioners to âbe boldâ and to âstay in the mess.â
While organized as a tribute to the late Dr. Roselle Kurland, Making Joyful Noise is in and of itself an important collection of articles and essays on social group work and one that is certain to provide all practitioners who are interested in group work with a spark, a smile, and some needed inspiration for their important work.
Making Joyful Noise includes:
- essentials for preserving, promoting, and portraying group work practice
- the critical relationship between human and professional ethics in group work
- six common mistakes that practitioners make in regard to group purpose
- using organizational analysis to improve group work practice
- creatively blending activity and discussion in diverse settings
- cultivating collegiality to reduce isolation and enhance practice
- developing a capacity to âstay in the messâ in group work with people of all ages
- skills for effectively working with transitions, separation, and loss in group
- guidelines for practitioners wishing to write for publication
- and much more!
About: This diverse collection of articles by group work professionals who work in the classroom and in the field captures not only the art and science of social work with groups but also its soul, highlighting practice, teaching, and writing ideas that promote the power of group work - and the people who do it.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.