Cooking with Spices For Dummies is for anyone whoâs ever wondered how the great chefs whip up their fabulous-tasting dishesâbut wasnât sure how. And if youâre something of a veteran in the kitchen, youâll get new, crowd-pleasing tips on how to add sparkle and zip to tried-and-true dishes, like hamburgers and spareribs or sweet potatoes and green beans. Most likely, youâll find the answer to any question youâve ever had about spicesâplus a lot moreâin this handy one-volume guide, like:
- What makes up a basic spice collection
- Advice on essential toolsâincluding mills, graters, and mortar and pestle
- Preparing spices for cookingâincluding knowing which spices to toast, sautÃ©, or grate
- A tour of the world of spices by region and country
- Menu planning and menu samplers arranged by country
Once youâve become familiar with the basics, itâs on to the fun stuffâcooking with spices. After youâve followed the simple tips on making the most of your ingredients, youâll be able to comfortably test your skills on the delicious assortment of over 200 recipes, which feature:
- Basic rubs and spice mixesâincluding Cajun, Caribbean, Indian Curry powder, Jamaican, and Southern Barbecue
- Marinades and saucesâincluding South of the Border Marinade and Teriyaki sauce
- Salsas and saladsâincluding Tomato Salsa, Plum Salsa, and Spiced Fruit Salad
- Vegetables and legumesâincluding Mashed Spiced Butternut and Vegetarian Bean Chili
- Pasta, potatoes, and grainsâincluding Pasta Puttanesca, Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Cumin, and Curried Barley Pilaf
- Chicken, meat, and seafoodâincluding Down Home Barbecued Chicken, Indonesian Beef Sate, and Shrimp Curry
Complete with such indispensables as a spice quantity guide (showing exactly how much you should use), a glossary of cooking terms, eight pages of tempting, full-color photos, and humorous cartoons, Cooking with Spices For Dummies gives you just what you need to know to cook with confidence and create delicious, exciting dishes for your family and friends.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.