Since 1973 over 10 million copies of READER’S DIGEST COMPLETE DO-IT-YOURSELF MANUAL have been sold. And now, the definitive “on-the-job” manual has just gotten bigger and better than ever. The editors of Reader’s Digest and The Family Handyman magazine have joined forces to completely revise, update, rewrite, and redesign this home improvement classic. The new edition combines the best elements of the original manuals with The Family Handyman’s rich informational and photographic archives, new illustrations and photographs, and the wisdom and experience of over 150 of the best experts in the field today.
COMPLETE DO-IT-YOURSELF MANUAL is written in a style of text that addresses readers in a very accessible, conversational tone for easy, user-friendly assistance with every do-it-yourself task. All instructions and materials have been updated to address current codes (electrical, plumbing and building), and revised to indicate the very latest in materials, tools, and technology. Suitable for beginners and experts alike, the new innovative ideas and features include:
• Over 3,000 photos and illustrations including more than 1,500 new full-color photos and 100 new technical drawings
• New sidebars, such as Shop Smart, Handy Hints, Go Figure, and Safety First, providing readers with helpful information
• Two new chapters, Landscaping and Storage Projects that include material and cutting lists
• Yellow-highlighter notes of caution or important points to remember
• Cross-references at the top of each page
• Metrics are given with most measurements throughout the text and a complete metric conversion chart is included at the rear of the book
The book’s tried-and-true instructions provide do-it-yourself solutions to a ton of problems that could cost a fortune if you had to hire a professional. This manual is a “must-have” reference guide for every home-owning man or woman.
About: A comprehensive quick reference guide to do-it-yourself home improvement projects teaches readers how to cope with emergencies and repairs and includes information on financing home improvements, working with contractors, and obtaining permits.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.