Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association | Statistics for People Who Think They Hate Statistics
Written for people who want to learn or brush-up on the basics of statistics but question their abilities, this book offers a step-by-step introduction to the topic. The book begins with an introduction to the language of statistics and then covers descriptive statistics and inferential statistics. Throughout, the author offers readers:
- Difficulty Rating Index for each chapter′s material
- Tips for doing and thinking about a statistical technique
- Top tens for everything from the best ways to create a graph to the most effective techniques for data collection
- Steps that break techniques down into a clear sequence of procedures
- SPSS tips for executing each major statistical technique
- Practice exercises at the end of each chapter, followed by worked out solutions.
The book concludes with a statistical software sampler and a description of the best Internet sites for statistical information and data resources. Readers also have access to a website for downloading data that they can use to practice additional exercises from the book. Students and researchers will appreciate the book′s unhurried pace and thorough, friendly presentation.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.