Structured in three parts it investigates:
- The history of the evolution of sport and the current drivers of change in the sport industry, the role of the state, non-profit and professional sectors in sport.
- Core management principles and their application in sport, highlighting the unique features of how sport is managed compared to other sectors of the economy. This will include discussion and insight into organisational behaviour, organisational culture, strategic planning, organisational structures, human resource management, leadership, governance, and performance management.
- The future management challenges facing the sport industry.
Each chapter has a coherent learning structure complete with international case studies as follows:
- A conceptual overview of the focus for the chapter.
- A presentation of accepted practice supported by specific organisational examples at the community, state/provincial, national and professional level. These organisations will include examples from countries such as New Zealand, Australia, and the UK.
- A presentation of research findings from around the globe.
- A summary of guiding principles for the focus of the chapter based on a balanced view of practice and research.
- A section of teaching and learning resources including a reference list, lists for further reading, relevant websites, tutorial activity or study questions, potential research questions and online PowerPoint lecture slides for each chapter.
It provides the foundation for introductory sport management subjects, and is ideal for first and second year students studying sport management related courses and those studying sport management within business focussed courses, human movement / physical education courses seeking an overview of sport management principles.
* An introduction to sports management principles from an international perspective, illustrated and contextualised with global case studies
* A user friendly combination of theoretical concepts and practical applications
* Developed learning features specifically created for semester long courses accompanied with online resources for lecturers
About: Sport Management: principles and application provides a comprehensive introduction to the practical application of management principles within sport organisations operating at the community, state, national and professional levels in club based sporting systems.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.