Rtfm: Red Team Field Manual | The Devops Handbook | The Art of Software Security Assessment | Writing Secure Code | Risk Centric Threat Modeling | Blue Team Handbook Incident Response Edition | Data, Driven Security | The Security Development Lifecycle | Threat Modeling
In this straightforward and practical guide, MicrosoftÃÂ® application security specialists Frank Swiderski and Window Snyder describe the concepts and goals for threat modelingÃ¢ÂÂa structured approach for identifying, evaluating, and mitigating risks to system security. Discover how to use the threat modeling methodology to analyze your system from the adversaryÃ¢ÂÂs point of viewÃ¢ÂÂcreating a set of data points that help drive security specifications and testing. YouÃ¢ÂÂll review application scenarios that illustrate threat modeling concepts in action, understanding how to use threat modeling to help improve the built-in security of a systemÃ¢ÂÂas well as your customer's confidence in the security of that systemÃ¢ÂÂregardless of development environment.
Gain an in-depth, conceptual understandingÃ¢ÂÂalong with practical ways to integrate threat modeling into your development efforts:
- Help anticipate attacks by seeing how adversaries assess your systemÃ¢ÂÂand compare their view to the developerÃ¢ÂÂs or architectÃ¢ÂÂs view
- Employ a data flow approach to create a threat profile for a system
- Reveal vulnerabilities in system architecture and implementation using investigative techniques such as threat trees and threat model-directed code reviews
- Develop a credible security characterization for modeling threats
- Use threat modeling to help verify security features and increase the resilience of software systems
- Increase customer confidence in your products!
About: In this straightforward and practical guide, MicrosoftÂ® application security specialists Frank Swiderski and Window Snyder describe the concepts and goals for threat modelingâa structured approach for identifying, evaluating, and mitigating risks to system security.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.