Part of the time-tested Examples & Explanations series, Richard G. Singer's Examples & Explanations: Criminal Procedure II, for the second-semester Criminal Procedure course, covers all of the post-arrest, "bail-to-jail" topics. The Second Edition highlights important recent developments in these areas.
Examples & Explanations: Criminal Procedure II, From Bail to Jail, Second Edition, features:
- respected educator-author Richard G. Singer
- the proven-effective Examples & Explanations pedagogy
- a clear and engaging writing style
- complete topical coverage that traces that of most Criminal Procedure II courses and casebooks
- a comparative look at different approaches taken by various jurisdictions
With a greater focus on prosecutorial discretion, the Second Edition includes:
- a rewritten sentencing chapter examining the dramatic changes in the constitutional view on sentencing in Blakely v. Washington and Booker v. United States
- new chapters on:
- victim's rights
- non-criminal remedies for attorney misconduct, including disciplinary measures (and including a lengthy analysis of the prosecution of the Duke lacrosse team)
- speedy trial
- 2007 Supreme Court cases Cunningham and Rita
You can trust Richard G. Singer and the Examples & Explanations series to give your students the help many of them need to get the most out of their Criminal Procedure studies.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.