This is the most authoritative and accessible single-volume reference book on applied mathematics. Featuring numerous entries by leading experts and organized thematically, it introduces readers to applied mathematics and its uses; explains key concepts; describes important equations, laws, and functions; looks at exciting areas of research; covers modeling and simulation; explores areas of application; and more.
Modeled on the popular Princeton Companion to Mathematics, this volume is an indispensable resource for undergraduate and graduate students, researchers, and practitioners in other disciplines seeking a user-friendly reference book on applied mathematics.
- Features nearly 200 entries organized thematically and written by an international team of distinguished contributors
- Presents the major ideas and branches of applied mathematics in a clear and accessible way
- Explains important mathematical concepts, methods, equations, and applications
- Introduces the language of applied mathematics and the goals of applied mathematical research
- Gives a wide range of examples of mathematical modeling
- Covers continuum mechanics, dynamical systems, numerical analysis, discrete and combinatorial mathematics, mathematical physics, and much more
- Explores the connections between applied mathematics and other disciplines
- Includes suggestions for further reading, cross-references, and a comprehensive index
This edition also contains Cracking the Sat & Psat With Sample Tests on Cd-Rom: 1999
About: WE KNOW THE SATThe experts at The Princeton Review take the SAT and other standardized tests each year to make sure you get the most up-to-date, thoroughly researched books possible.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.