Apache Hadoop is the technology at the heart of the Big Data revolution, and Hadoop skills are in enormous demand. Now, in just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you can learn all the skills and techniques you'll need to deploy each key component of a Hadoop platform in your local environment or in the cloud, building a fully functional Hadoop cluster and using it with real programs and datasets. Each short, easy lesson builds on all that's come before, helping you master all of Hadoop's essentials, and extend it to meet your unique challenges. Apache Hadoop in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself covers all this, and much more:
- Understanding Hadoop and the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Importing data into Hadoop, and process it there
- Mastering basic MapReduce Java programming, and using advanced MapReduce API concepts
- Making the most of Apache Pig and Apache Hive
- Implementing and administering YARN
- Taking advantage of the full Hadoop ecosystem
- Managing Hadoop clusters with Apache Ambari
- Working with the Hadoop User Environment (HUE)
- Scaling, securing, and troubleshooting Hadoop environments
- Integrating Hadoop into the enterprise
- Deploying Hadoop in the cloud
- Getting started with Apache Spark
Step-by-step instructions walk you through common questions, issues, and tasks; Q-and-As, Quizzes, and Exercises build and test your knowledge; "Did You Know?" tips offer insider advice and shortcuts; and "Watch Out!" alerts help you avoid pitfalls. By the time you're finished, you'll be comfortable using Apache Hadoop to solve a wide spectrum of Big Data problems.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.