Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS X Lion in 10 Minutes offers straightforward, practical information designed to get you up and running quickly and easily. By working through its 10-minute lessons, you’ll learn everything you need to know to effectively use Mac OS X Lion. Each compact lesson zeros in on a specific aspect of the Mac operating system explained through concise and informative descriptions along with accurate and easy to follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll quickly become comfortable performing the most important Mac tasks you need–and want–to do everyday!
Tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Cautions help you avoid common pitfalls
Notes provide additional information
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…
- Use Lion’s great desktop tools including Finder windows, Dock, Launchpad, Dashboard, Mission Control, and Spotlight.
- Install and manage applications through the Mac App Store and from the desktop.
- Personalize Mac OS Lion to suit your preferences, including desktop pictures, sounds, Mission Control’s spaces, Launchpad’s applications, and the Dashboard’s widgets.
- Connect your Mac OS X Lion computer to the Internet through a local wired and wireless network.
- Install, configure, and use mice, trackpads, and keyboards.
- Create and manage your Mac’s user accounts.
- Protect your Mac from Internet attacks, data loss, and other potential problems.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems through a logical, easy-to-perform approach.
- Run Windows applications on your Mac.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.