Sams Teach Yourself iPhoneÂ® Application Development
Figures and code appear as they do in Xcode
Covers iOS 4.0 and up, and iPhone 4
Additional files and updates available online
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, learn how to build powerful applications for todayâs hottest mobile device: the iPhone! Using this bookâs straightforward, step-by-step approach, youâll master every skill and technology you need, from setting up your iPhone development environment to building great user interfaces, sensing motion to writing multitasking applications. Each lesson builds on what youâve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common iOS development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Printed in full colorâfigures and code appear as they do in Xcode
- Covers iOS 4.0 and up
- Learn the features of Xcode 3.2 and Interface Builder
- Prepare your system and iPhone for efficient development
- Get started quickly with Appleâs Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development paradigm
- Design highly usable applications with interactive widgets and web-connected interfaces
- Use Table views to navigate structured data
- Build rotatable and resizable user interfaces
- Read and write data and create System Setting plug-ins
- Use the iPhoneâs media playback and recording capabilities
- Create map and location-based (GPS) services
- Sense motion and orientation with the iPhoneâs accelerometer and the iPhone 4 gyroscope
- Create universal applications that run on the iPhone and iPad
- Write background-aware multitasking applications
- Distribute your applications through the App Store
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.