Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals is the essential resource for the most complete, up-to-date information on nutrition and diet. New and expanded material in this Fifth Edition addresses such topics as biotechnology, vitamins, minerals, and organic foods. Many new tables and figures present a broader range of facts on the nutritional value of foods, as well as such timely material as "Food Practices of World Religions" and a "Reduced Calorie Menu for Asian-American Cuisine."
This new edition of Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals features:
* New Dietary Reference Intakes for calories, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and selected vitamins and minerals
* More "Chef's Tips" highlighting ways to incorporate nutritional knowledge into cooking and menus
* The Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) Diet using the National Cholesterol Education Program 2001 clinical guidelines
* The 2002 American Cancer Society nutrition guidelines
* Up-to-date statistics on overweight and obesity in the United States and the latest information on weight loss, including drugs and surgery
* Updated Hot Topics, which discuss often controversial subjects related to nutrition, and expanded Nutrition Web Explorer activities
Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals is used in certificate courses by the American Culinary Federation and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, and this Fifth Edition continues to be a bedrock resource for students and professionals in the foodservice industry.
About: Definitive, up-to-date coverage of nutrition Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals is the essential resource for the most complete, up-to-date information on nutrition and diet.
This edition also contains La Puissance De L'intelligible: La Theorie Plotinienne Des Formes Au Miroir De L'heritage Medioplatonicien
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.