Featuring the rise of King Henry V, this play chronicles England's underdog victory over the French at the Battle of Agincourt during the Hundred Years' War.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, John Russell Brown
• Selections from Raphael Holinshed's Chronicles of England, Scotland, and Ireland, the source from which Shakespeare derived Henry V
• Dramatic criticism from William Hazlitt, W. B. Yeats, E.M.W. Tillyard, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
• And more...
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.