Jump quickly to results on these stores:
Week by Week | Guided Reading | Emphasis Art | Launching the Writing Workshop | Get America Singing...Again! | What? Me Teach Music? a Classroom Teacher's Guide to Music in Early Childhood | The First-Year Teacher's Survival Guide | Classroom Literature Circles for Primary Grades | Contemporary Music Education
Integrating musical activities in the elementary school classroom can assist in effectively teaching and engaging students in Language Arts, Science, Math, and Social Studies, while also boosting mental, emotional and social development. However, many elementary education majors fear they lack the needed musical skills to use music successfully. Future elementary school teachers need usable, practical musical strategies to easily infuse into their curriculum. Written for both current and future teachers with little or no previous experience in music, Using Music to Enhance Student Learning offers strategies that are not heavily dependent on musical skills. While most textbooks are devoted to teaching music theory skills, this textbook is dedicated to the pedagogical aspect of music. The ultimate goal is for elementary school children to leave the classroom with an introductory appreciation of music in a joyful, creative environment, and perhaps wanting to broaden their understanding.
- Listening Maps help listeners focus on music selections through a clear visual representation of sound.
- Group Activities reinforce the social aspects of music-making, as well as the benefits of collaborative teaching and learning.
- Thorough integration of music establishes that music is essential in a childâs development, and that the integration of music will significantly enhance all other subjects/activities in the classroom.
- Learning Aids including Tantalizing Tidbits of Research, Teaching Tips, Thinking It Through activities, Suggestions for Further Study, and a list of Recommended Student Books provide useful resources at the end of each chapter.
THE USING MUSIC PACKAGE
There are several special resources for both students and teachers:
- An Audio CD with listening selections from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Contemporary Periods.
- Get America Singingâ¦Again! Volume 1 contains 43 songs that represent Americaâs varied music heritage of folksongs, traditional songs and patriotic songs.
- The Appendices:
- A songbook with an emphasis on Hispanic folksongs
- A recorder music songbook
- Samples of key assignments and lists of music-related books for children and for teachers
- The Companion Web site
- Links to education resources
- Instructorsâ resources, including sample syllabi, quizzes, student handouts, and assignment rubrics
About: Integrating musical activities in the elementary school classroom can assist in effectively teaching and engaging students in Language Arts, Science, Math, and Social Studies, while also boosting mental, emotional and social development.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.