Formative Assessment & Standards-Based Grading | Learning and Teaching | Classroom Assessment | Content Counts | Academotion | Improving Adolescent Literacy | Teaching Reading in the Content Areas | Read It Aloud! | Teaching Writing In The Content Areas
For students to become college-ready writers, they must be exposed to writing throughout the school day, not just in English class. This practical book shows teachers in all subject areas how to meet the Common Core State Standards and make writing come alive in the classroom.Â Award-winning educator Heather Wolpert-GawronÂ provides effective and exciting ideas for teaching argument writing, informational writing, project-based writing, and writing with technology. Each chapter is filled with strategies, prompts, and rubrics you can use immediately.
- A variety of writing strategies that work in any subject area
- Tips for developing meaningful prompts
- Diagrams and templates that you can use with your students
- Rubrics for assessing writing, as well as ideas for having students create their own rubrics
- Samples of student work in different formats
- Ideas for teaching students to break the Google homepage habit and conduct effective research
- Cross-curricular writing assignments for science, history, ELA, electives, and PE
- Suggestions for teaching summary writing, an essential academic skill
- Ideas for staff professional development on Common Core writing
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.