This best selling textbook assists students of the English legal system in the achievement of a good understanding of the law, its institutions and processes, and sets the law and system in a social context, presenting a range of critical views.
Since the last edition of this book, the changes to the English legal system have been extensive and the new edition has been comprehensively revised and updated to take these developments into account. This new ninth edition for 2008-09 includes material on important changes to the governance of the legal system, the establishment of the Ministry of Justice, changes in the operation of juries, the composition and work of the European Union, changes in the fields of the legal professions, and changes in the funding of legal services. This edition also includes an updated version of the court system, the rules of civil procedure, and revised chapters on criminal procedure. Importantly, the authors have expanded the coverage of human rights law.
Now accompanied by online support for the acquisition and improvement of legal skills, the new edition has been developed with the requirements of both lecturers and students in mind.
New pedagogical features include:
- more concise chapter summaries to enable students to recap and reflect upon the key points covered within each chapter;
- more diagrams and flowcharts to illustrate concepts and facilitate the understanding of concepts and interrelationships;
- advice on further reading and suggested websites of interest at the end of each chapter, to encourage further study and independent research.
Improved online support offers:
- lecturer resources such as PowerPoint slides; sample essay/exam questions for lecturer use and adaptation; and links to current events/news topics with suggestions on themes for seminar discussions and essay questions;
- a set of skills-led student resources including advice on technique and skills acquisition; how-to's and guidance on best practice; practical interactive exercises and activities; podcasts; an online glossary; and a Multiple Choice Question testbank to test English legal system knowledge.
Slapper and Kelly's textbook is now firmly established as one of the leading undergraduate textbooks on the subject. A favourites with students and lecturers alike, it is essential reading for all those engaged in the study of the English legal system.
About: This best selling textbook assists students of the English legal system in the achievement of a good understanding of the law, its institutions and processes, and sets the law and system in a social context, presenting a range of critical views.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.