The Content Machine
How do publishers work and make money? Why do they exist?
This expanded and thoroughly revised fourth edition of Inside Book Publishing is designed for students of publishing, authors needing to find out publishing secrets, and those wanting to get in or get on in the industry. It addresses the big issues â globalization of publishing, the impact of the internet â and explains publishing from the author contract to the bookshop shelf.
- how the present industry has evolved
- publishing functions â editorial, design and production, marketing, sales and distribution, and rights
- the role of the author
- copyright and contracts
- the sales channels for books in the UK, from the high street to ebooks
- getting a job in publishing.
- topic boxes written by expert contributors
- a glossary of publishing terms
- suggestions for further reading
- a directory of publishing organizations
- a Companion Website at:Â http://www.insidebookpublishing.com/.
About: Now in its fifth edition, Inside Book Publishing remains the classic introduction to the book publishing industry, being both a manual for the profession for over two decades and the bestselling textbook for students of publishing.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.