The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia | Physical Assessment of the Newborn: A Comprehensive Approach to the Art of Physical Examination, Fifth Edition | High-Risk & Critical Care Obstetrics | Intrapartum Management Modules | Fast Facts for the L&D Nurse | Labor and Delivery Nursing | Perinatal Nursing
Authored by a nurse-midwife, a perinatologist, and a nurse, Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 8th Edition is an evidence-based resource on fetal heart rate monitoring for all clinicians ― whether you are a nurse, a physician or a midwife, a student or an instructor, this guide has information crucial to your practice. Designed specifically for the clinical environment, it provides a single source for interpretation and management of electronic fetal monitoring – in labor and delivery, the intensive care unit, inpatient antepartum units, or the obstetric or midwifery office.
- Pocket-sized, two-color design offers portability and easy access to information.
- Descriptions of the relationship between fetal heart rate and fetal acidemia alert you to important considerations in the care of the laboring patient.
- Patient safety and risk management strategies with case study illustrations and legal commentary include guidelines for providing safe and competent care.
- Coverage of innovative practices supports a culture of patient safety and improved quality outcomes in high-reliability perinatal units addressing:
- Use of a common language for fetal heart rate patterns with a common construct for interpretation
- Emergency preparedness (multidisciplinary mock emergencies, simulations, debriefing after critical events, and exemplary practice)
- Human factor issues (step-by-step process to improve communication, situational awareness, no-fault/just culture, teamwork, and collegiality)
- Selected FHR Tracings and Cases: Interpretation and Documentation appendix provides an important reference tool for all clinicians.
- Expert author team with international presence.
- NEW! Two simple principles of interpretation that are evidence- and consensus-based.
- NEW! Content on Category II tracing management prepares you to assist in delivery decisions.
- NEW! Neonatal encephalopathy content keeps you in the know.
- UPDATED! Revised chapters feature the most up-to-date information.
About: Authored by a nurse-midwife, a perinatologist, and a nurse, Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 8th Edition is an evidence-based resource on fetal heart rate monitoring for all clinicians ― whether you are a nurse, a physician or a midwife, a student or an instructor, this guide has information crucial to your practice.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.