Thoroughly prepare for the rapidly evolving world of nursing with Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 7thÂ Edition. Expert authors Barbara Cherry and Susan Jacob combine their own expertise from both academics and practice as they cover the relevant issues affecting todayâs nurses. In 28 chapters, including a new chapter on palliative care, this comprehensive new edition takes readers through the evolution of nursing, the role of the nurse today, safe and effective decision-making, collaboration and communication, leadership, job opportunities, and a number of timely issues affecting healthcare and nursing practice today.
- Full-color design Â enhances the narrativeÂ withÂ aÂ clear, visually appealing explanation of concepts.
- Humorous cartoonsÂ open each chapter to illustrateÂ theÂ chapter themes.
- VignettesÂ at the beginning of each chapter personalize nursingÂ history and practice and help readers understand their place in the profession.Â Â Questions to ConsiderÂ While Reading This ChapterÂ follow the vignettes and prepareÂ the reader for the topic to be discussed.
- Key terms, learning outcomes, chapter overviews, and chapter summariesÂ help readers focus their learning experience.Â
- Unit on Leadership and Management in NursingÂ includes content to prepare nurses to effectively function in the management roles expected of the professional nurse.
- Unit on Career ManagementÂ provides strategies on how to make the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RN Examination.
- Case studiesÂ help readers apply theory to clinical practice.
- NEW! Chapter on palliative care focuses on how to best provide patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness, and how to improve the quality of life for both the patient and family.
- NEW! Combined chapter on quality improvement and QSEN keeps readers up to date on the latest competencies from the Institute of Medicine.
- NEW! Professional/Ethical Issue boxes provide a short scenario about an ethical issue related to the chapter content.
- NEW! Updated coverage reflects the latest NCLEX test plan.
- NEW! Incorporation of Triple Aim in healthcare discusses ways to improve the health of the population, enhance the experience and outcomes of the patient, and reduce per capita cost of care for the benefit of communities.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of working in an interdisciplinary team reflects the changing healthcare landscape and need to work in collaboration with a variety of healthcare specialists.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.